PDA

View Full Version : Dachshund cake pan

gunther's mom
07-11-2008, 02:57 AM
I shoulda probably posted this under NDR. But- anyone know of a place where you can buy a doxie cake pan?

Kaity-Did
07-11-2008, 06:36 AM
I don't know if this site would have one or not. They have a ton of Dachshund things :)

Dachsiemom24
07-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Have you checked ebay?

Dackel Clarence
07-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I never saw a dachsie shaped cake pan. But here in Germany we have dachsie shaped cookie cutters.

Good Luck!

aburgstede
07-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Good gravy...I got so excited when I saw this post...I was like "I gotta get one..." LOL I would love one if anyone can find one!! We have cookie cutters too.

DoxieJoy
07-12-2008, 10:59 AM
If you can't find a pan, you could bake a nice size sheet cake and cut out the shape and frost it! I bet that would be even prettier!

ajers&me
07-12-2008, 09:41 PM
I searched the web far and wide when I was planning the Friday night meetup and I wasn't able to find any. What I ended up doing was taking 2 heart shaped cake pans and an 8x8 pan and cut off the bottom of the hearts and made a dog bone instead. I am sure someone has pics of it from last night.

CheddarsMom513
07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
I know that this isnt exactly a dachshund shaped pan. It does work...you just have to be creative with the frosting. I used a the lamb cake pan. I frosted it with chocolate frosting and then took 2 tootsie rolls....rolled them flat, shaped them into ears and stuck them in the frosting. I used royal icing and food coloring for the eyes. I am sorry I dont have a pic, but it turned out pretty cute.

Schatz's Mom
07-13-2008, 07:15 PM
If you want to spend the money this guy will make one for you!

Custom Cakes Pan (http://www.frankencutters.com/fc/cakepan.htm)

gunther's mom
07-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey this would be a great way for "rescue" to make a few dollars! If a "tinsmith" could be found...

DixieDoodle
07-15-2008, 07:47 PM
I searched the web far and wide when I was planning the Friday night meetup and I wasn't able to find any. What I ended up doing was taking 2 heart shaped cake pans and an 8x8 pan and cut off the bottom of the hearts and made a dog bone instead. I am sure someone has pics of it from last night.

Here you go Kate!!! I did take a picture of it ;) Not only was it cute...it was delicious:D
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6173/pict0155fl8.jpg

DixieDoodle
07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
I know that this isnt exactly a dachshund shaped pan. It does work...you just have to be creative with the frosting. I used a the lamb cake pan. I frosted it with chocolate frosting and then took 2 tootsie rolls....rolled them flat, shaped them into ears and stuck them in the frosting. I used royal icing and food coloring for the eyes. I am sorry I dont have a pic, but it turned out pretty cute.

That is a great idea! You could even take it one step further and cut it down the middle and insert an extra cake (cut from a 10x13 pan) to make it longer like a doxie!

Weeweeniekennel
07-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I went to the site that was posted and emailed the owner this is what he said (Post #9)

I could make a cakepan of a standard dachshund, 3" deep, with a flat
bottom, approx. 13" wide. I'd price it at $30.

For Priority Mail shipping, Shipping & handling would be $10.00

Note that FrankenCutters does not ship internationally, sorry.

I'd ship the order with an invoice and you could mail me a check
or money order (U.S. funds only) to the address on the website.

As for leadtime, I could make the order with a two week leadtime.

If that sounds ok, just let me know the shipping address to use,
and a telephone number, just in case.

Regards and thanks for your interest in FrankenCutters!,
Frank

fredownsme
07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.chimpfeet.com/details.htm?id=4922&source=shoppingcom&shopping

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dog-Bone-Shaped-Cake-Pan-or-Mold-Birthday-Graduation_W0QQitemZ230269248430QQihZ013QQcategoryZ20750QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Weeweeniekennel
07-31-2008, 07:31 PM
I got the dachshund pan from Frankencutters the pan is huge but I had to email them about the tail as they put a bob tail on the pan instead of a long tail :duh: maybe able to bake some cupcakes off to and makea tail by cuting them in two. May give it a try this weekend as we are having a members fun match at our Kennel Club meeting Tuesday

Cocoa and Me
07-31-2008, 09:30 PM
I got the dachshund pan from Frankencutters the pan is huge but I had to email them about the tail as they put a bob tail on the pan instead of a long tail :duh: maybe able to bake some cupcakes off to and makea tail by cuting them in two. May give it a try this weekend as we are having a members fun match at our Kennel Club meeting Tuesday

A bobbed tail?!? Hasn't he ever seen a dachshund? LOL :dizzy:

Hope he sends you another one, or gives you a refund. :crsfnger:

ETA: Oh yeah, do you have a picture of it??

Jacqueline
08-01-2008, 01:19 AM
At least you got a reply from them. I tried to get in touch with them earlier this year, several times, to make a cookie cutter plate for me that would cut multiples of tiny bones. They never bothered to answer any of my emails.

If you ask him for a remake, I would send a photo of a doxy.

Weeweeniekennel
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I did I sent one of Amber with her tail showing Im not paying for it till they fix it I don't want a bob tail Dachshund I don't bake that well to begin with never mind cutting a cake for a tail :wonky: